Miniclip is looking for a Senior User Interface Designer to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for a passionate and talented UI/UX designer with experience in Interface Design, Graphic Design, 2D art/Illustration and in the mobile game industry.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Italy.
- Create user experiences through interface design that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project
- Design and create different layouts using official art from our products and translate it to appealing game menus, icons and interface elements
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship
- Demonstrate knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation
- Developing mockups, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work closely with game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions
- Able to create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into a good user experience adapted to different products
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline
- Work closely with the art director and the rest of the creative team to develop concepts, prototypes, and production ready content
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication design
- Able to translate a message or a specific user-friendly experience into a design layout adapted to a mobile game
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, and awesome technical skills
- A solid understanding of typography, layout and grid systems
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs
- Possessing a deep understanding of UX processes, methodologies, and the interplay between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design and technology
- Be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, traditional 2D skills, as well as motion graphics
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly
- Fluent in English
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your CV, Portfolio and cover letter in English.
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 45 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name.
Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Soccer Stars™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.