Interbrand was founded in 1974 when the world still thought of brands as just another word for logo. Over the 40+ years, Interbrand has changed the dialogue, defined the meaning of brand management, and continues to lead the debate on understanding brands as valuable business assets. Today, Interbrand is amongst the largest brand consultancies with an extensive global network, incorporating 36 offices in 25 countries.
We are home to some of the world’s smartest people: curious, creative, passionate and provocative. We are creatively strategic and strategically creative and challenge each other daily to ensure we’re developing innovative solutions. We come from diverse backgrounds, educations, nationalities, and beliefs and have an array of interests and passions that drive us. This diversity and open-mindedness enable us to create relevant solutions for the increasingly technology-driven and global marketplace in which we live.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Our Interbrand Milan office is looking for an Experience/Service designer to join the Design team. The candidate will be a pro-active team member with a strong Service Design and Design Thinking approach and methodologies, supporting the Head of Experience in envisioning new brand experiences from digital to physical touchpoint.
We look for a person who has a strong critical point of view, loves understanding customers and their needs with the aim to uncover real and relevant insights to inform the brand strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Experience, the candidate will work in conjunction with the Strategy and Analytics team to define opportunities and with the visual and brand designers to make those opportunities real.
- Be an analytical and strategic source of knowledge to bring a designer perspective in the brand’s positioning and touchpoint analysis.
- Be the master of synthesis: be able from a remarkable amount of data and information, from both desk or field research, to uncover the one and only, relevant insight for the client.
- Be a workshop specialist. Able to organize and handle workshops and presentations with clients and/or users on different topics.
- Understand, plan and run qualitative researches when needed: from user or stakeholder interviews to shadowing and mystery-shopping.
- Generate ideas and concepts for services and touchpoint that fit the brand proposition and being able to define those ideas in details.
- Be a strong storyteller, create engaging visuals and presentations to narrate the brand experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Service Design/Strategic design degree or similar
- At least 2 years of working experience with clients/agencies
- Proven experience in mastering Design Thinking approaches, tools and representations
- Versatile experience across touchpoint (not only digital)
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- High level of integrity and probity
- Passionate about working with brands and branding
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong visual storyteller, with good concept visualization skills and proficient use of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint
- Able to create deck and executive presentation structures with a critical point of view
- Able to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Proactive in sharing his/her point of view and solutions
- Not afraid of trying something new adding value to the projects.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Fluency in Italian and English (written and oral)