Graphic Matters is an international, biennial festival about graphic design. An extensive program shows the importance of graphic design and how it impacts our daily lives. The 7th edition of the festival takes place from September 20th until October 27th in Breda, the Netherlands.
The theme INFORMATION SUPERPOWER is all about information design. The program consists of exhibitions, workshops, talk shows, events and for the first time, masterclasses. The activities aren’t just interesting for designers, but also for the curious individual and everyone that deals with information professionally, like journalists, analysts, scientists, statisticians and marketeers. Under the motto “We make you look, you will see…” Graphic Matters urges visitors to open up to different ways of thinking and new ideas, to marvel and look at things critically.
Our world-view is generated by algorithms. Data is ever-present and all around us. More than ever we need people who are open-minded and are critical about the information that is presented to them on a silver platter!
Graphic designers create order out of chaos, give insight in complicated matters and have the power to create an emotional response. They visualize urgent topics so everyone can understand them in the blink of an eye. We call upon designers from all over the world to design a poster on a topic they care about!
Climate change, plastic soup, fast fashion, fake news, fear mongering, privacy or a personal matter. Everything is allowed, as long as you use your ‘information superpower’! Make a poster in the form of a data visualization, info graphic, map or user manual. For the first time we also allow moving posters!
- Keep in mind that your poster has to be legible from three meters distance.
- You can submit a maximum of 2 posters and 1 moving poster
- You promise to submit new or previously unpublished work
- The winning posters will be exhibited during Graphic Matters from September 20th until October 27th
- The winning moving posters will also be displayed during DEMO festival in Amsterdam on November 7th
- 5 VIP winners receive travel budget, an overnight stay and free entrance to the vernissage on September 20th and the festival
- The remaining winners receive a free festival ticket
- The winning posters will be printed as a limited edition during Graphic Matters
- The winners receive their poster when they visit the festival
- The winning posters will be published. The winners receive 1 publication
You can submit your poster till August 11th
Submit your poster via https://graphicmatters.nl/en/poster-project/